2nd Quarter Portfolio Project Options
The 2nd Quarter Project
You will be able to pick from the options below as your project…
Structural Engineering Challenge – You will be asked to build one of the following structures…
And if it doesn’t take 7 hours…
You can use other things to show you are working outside of class. If you project doesn’t take 7 hours then try this…
2. Web Sites Visited – Print out some or all of the information from a web site if it relates to Physical Science and include it.
3. Draw a Diagram – Draw a diagram illustrating a concept that we have studied this quarter.
4. Read a Book – Read a book about Physical Science of about one of the concepts we have studied. This grading period I am assembling a list of both fiction and non-fiction books. If you are a reader, see me later in the week for that list.
5. Perform a Physical Science Demonstration – Many books about science (and websites) include demonstrations that you can do at home. Do some of these and maybe take a picture of the result.
6. Take a Field Trip – You can visit any of the great museums in our area that have something to do with Physical Science. Take pictures, write a summary and include it all in your portfolio. Some cool places to visit are: The Natural History Museum, The Great Lakes Science Center, The Cleveland Museum of Natural History, or if you like to drive, COSI in either Columbus or Toledo.
Much, much, more – If this isn’t enough, try thinking of some of your own ideas and see me to okay them.
Don’t forget your portfolio of work includes your notebooks, but they don’t count toward your hours.
Portfolios are due Friday, January 5th 2018!!!